Friday, July 10, 2009

Hopefully this doesn't flounder like my twitter account...

Bored over the summer, I've decided to start blogging.

Super basic about me: I'm going to be a senior at Carnegie Mellon. I'm studying Scenic Design for Theater. I love architecture, mid-century (modern) design, fresh fruit, lollipops, apple computers, close up and stage magic, ketchup packets, and the color turquoise.

I'm going to start off easy. Here's a collection of some of my favorite quotes:

"Sometimes I feel so sick at the state of the world I can't even finish my second apple pie" -Banksy

"Don't fight it son! Confess quickly, or you'll jeopardize your credit rating." -Brazi
l

"The television, that insidious beast, that Medusa which freezes a billion people to stone every night, staring fixedly, that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little."

--Ray Bradbury


"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers."

--Thomas Pynchon


"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."

--Mark Twain


"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."

--Voltaire


"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."

--Oscar Wilde


"Well I know that if you think life's a vending machine where you put in virtue and you get out happiness, then you're probably going to be disappointed."

--Six Feet Under


"Oh God, thy sea is so great and my boat is so small"

--Breton Fisherman's Prayer


"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

--Mel Brooks


"What is man if the signs that predate him have such power? A human race has to invent sacrifices equal to the natural cataclysmic order that surrounds it."

--Jean Baudrillard


I promise I'll contribute thoughts of my own, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment